Monday, May 2, 2011

Podwhat?

The podcast that I chose to take a look at, that I would use in my classroom is "ESL Podcast 682-minor medical injuries". Although I teach German currently, I am studying ESL and perhaps will teach ESL in Germany. So when that happens, I need to be prepared with materials. I know that over here a big LOTE unit is health and wellness. So this podcast would be great to use for that unit since it discusses vocabulary that fits in with specific health related situations. What I REALLY liked about this podcast is that it offered the dialogue both spoken slow and fast with explanations in between. It also gave you the specific time of where the teacher can find each part throughout the podcast. This would be great for different difficulty levels. It also provides a script so that perhaps students could act it out later. Plus as you can see this is podcast 682 so there are probably 681 great podcasts just like this that I can't wait to explore.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Sounds like a good lesson could be developed around that podcast.