Monday, February 28, 2011

Class Outside of the Classroom

While looking at different educational blogs and their posts I came across the blog Teacher Reboot Camp with the post about having a goal to change the learning enviornment in the classroom. This really interested me because I always strive to have a safe enviornment in my classroom where students are more open to learning. But I never really thought about how my classroom and the learning could extend beyong the four walls. It was really interesting to think about whether or not I could complete the activites suggested, and I am going to now talk to the principal at my school about perhaps having a scavenger hunt since my current unit with my 7th graders is scbool vocabulary so it would be cool to have them get out of the classroo and search the school. It also made me think about how when I was in high school taking Latin we got to go on a field trip to the zoo and look for the latin names of the animals. It clearly was something memorable and brought out classroom outside of a normal context.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I hope you can try your scavenger hunt. It sounds motivational.